Monday 21 September 2009

Break the rules


When I was young I instinctively believed I knew better and would always look for another way of doing anything that was asked of me.


As I've grown older I've learnt to conform and that very often the tried and tested way is the best.


The trouble is, if none of us ever challenge convention the world can't progress, innovation is the mother of invention and invention is the essence of enterprise. Dyson, Lego and innocent wouldn't exist if their founders hadn't been prepared to defy convention.


Entrepreneurs are rule breakers and if we conform too much we stifle the creativity that drives us. Age does bring wisdom but it can also take away the bravery that we need if we are to stand out from the masses and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, let me know what you think;