Wednesday 12 August 2009

Define success




Tomorrow I'm going to have some time to reflect, no distractions from IT, colleagues or kids, as I'll be laying in a hospital bed recovering from a minor operation.




Time to reflect is a rare luxury but one worth working for. For much of my working life I've been surrounded by people striving to be successful and I've been one of them, until just a few years ago I was asked;



"How do you define success?"



Despite spending every waking hour apparently working towards it, I couldn't put into words what success meant to me.


Thankfully that question got me thinking about what success looked like to me not just at the end of each day but also at the end of my life when I'm looking back on the deals I've done, money I've earned and the friends I've made or lost.


So now I have a definition and its just three words, I'm not going to write them here because I've learned that what success means to me isn't necessarily 'success' to someone else, but if you are itching to know drop me a line via Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, let me know what you think;