Monday 10 August 2009

Work your Hobby


In the news yesterday morning I was reminded that by the time I reach 65, the retirement age will be beyond 70.


In the pub last night I tried my first pint of Hadham Gold, a beer created in our local micro brewery. Fellow drinkers told me that the brewer, who lives in our village, had always enjoyed making beer as a hobby, then a few years ago he decided to turn his hobby into his work. My guess is that he isn't the least bit concerned that he might have to keep working for another 5 or 10 years before retirement.


The same is true for numerous photographers, travel writers, wood workers, cooks ... the list is endless.


Maybe we would be happier working for less money but more reward doing the things we love so that our working life is just as much fun as our retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, let me know what you think;